The Private Investigator Training program is offered under the leadership of an experienced & dedicated president who is a former officer with the Toronto Police Services. This is combined with proven online training technologies & learning methodologies provided by a leader in the industry.
Based on the Ontario Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services Syllabus this course covers:
- Introduction to the Private Investigation Industry
- The Private Security and Investigative Services Act
- Provincial and Federal Statutes
- Criminal and Civil Law
- Investigative Techniques
- Principles of Ethical Reasoning/Decision-making
- Key Principles of Communications and Interaction
- Self-management Skills
Unlike other agencies who may or may not be actively involved in day to day operations, CANGUARD is actively working on files in the field day to day so we understand the challenges for our clients and our private investigators. We encourage you to do your due diligence and please compare what we are offering to any other Private Investigator Providers and you will discover that CANGUARD is not only focused on delivering exceptional online training but practical, real training as well so you will be prepared for the industry.
- All training candidates have access to the course for up to one year online.
- We offer a 50 question multiple choice practice test like the exam.
- All training candidates have access to an 800 line to talk to the online facilitating company for any technical problems or questions regarding the course.
- Live 24/7 Chat and Classroom forum to communicate with other candidates.
Before writing the exam, we do a telephone review with the candidate to identify any weak spots to ensure that they have met our satisfaction.
Tools of the Trade
We prepare candidates for the industry on a one-on-one basis to tell them what tools (E.g. Covert Camera Equipment, Pinhole Camera with Portable DVR, Spy Pen, GPS Hardware and Tracking, etc.) they must have and we can supply them at wholesale costs.
As a Private Investigator Agency, we can hire successful candidates or refer you to several Agencies across Ontario. Beware of other agencies who guarantee jobs.
For a candidate who has a lot of promise and scores 80% or better in their exams, we will offer additional practical field surveillance for one day at no additional charge.
Register Online Today!
Advanced Surveillance Course
CANGUARD has launched an Advanced Surveillance Course which is a practical 5 day hands on experience, 80% done on the road. This is designed to fill the gap and better prepare the candidate for employment in the field. Please contact us to learn more.
Once you have completed your training with us, you will be required to complete your Mandated Test with Serco Des. 24 hours later you will be able to see how you did and apply for your physical license to work.
For details on the Serco Des Test, please visit:
To apply for your license with the Ontario Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services, please visit: