CANGUARD offers online security guard training program that can be accessed 24/7 in our virtual classrooms. The courses are based on the Ontario Syllabus to ensure that our students are well prepared for the Ministry Test.
Based on the Ontario Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services Syllabus this course covers:
- Introduction to the Security Industry
- The Private Security and Investigative Services Act (PSISA)
- Basic Security Procedures
- Note Taking, Statements, Report Writing, and Intelligence
- Health and Safety
- Emergency Response Preparation
- Canadian Legal System
- Legal Authorities
- Effective Communications
- Sensitivity Training
- Use of Force Theory
Taking our course means you will be using a blended approach to learning from the comfort of your own home increasing your chances of success. We utilize several different approaches to learning that are student focused including a multi-media approach as well as testing along the way to ensure you understand the material being taught.
- Avoid Extra expenses and save time on travel.
- Make your own schedule to complete the required tasks at your own pace.
- All training candidates have access to the course for up to one year online.
- All training candidates have access to an 800 line to talk to the online facilitating company for any technical problems or questions regarding the course.
- Live 24/7 Chat and Classroom forum to communicate with other candidates.
We offer a quiz after every module to refresh your memory and test your knowledge so you will be ready for the Ministry License Test.
As a Security Guard Agency, we can hire successful candidates or refer you to several Agencies across Ontario. Beware of other agencies who guarantee jobs.
Register Online Today!
First Aid and CPR
Part of the 40 hour Mandated Syllabus is an 8 hour First Aid and CPR component which must be completed in a class setting. CANGUARD has partnered with St. John’s Ambulance in Durham Region to offer this training for $75.00 to our students.
For more information on their course, please visit:
For another alternative for students, the Canadian Red Cross also offers a First Aid and CPR course.
To learn more about their course and find a Canadian Red Cross near you, please visit:
Once you have completed your training with us, you will be required to complete your Mandated Test with Serco Des. 24 hours later you will be able to see how you did and apply for your physical license to work.
For details on the Serco Des Test, please visit:
To apply for your license with the Ontario Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services, please visit: